Click on thumbnail to select image
- Title :
- Executive/Community Days files
- Record Group :
- County Executive: Randy Revelle
- Series Number :
- Series Date(s) :
- 1981-1985 Begin Date: 1981 End Date: 1985
- Level :
- Scope :
- Randy Revelle was King County's third executive, serving from 1981 to 1985. During his administration his office undertook a program called Executive/Community Days. Under the direction of the Executive Staff Assistant for Public Affairs, the Executive/Community Days program provided a structured means of personal outreach by Executive Revelle to King County's unincorporated areas and suburban cities and towns. Each "Executive/Community Day" featured a variety of planned activities: tours of county facilities, other public agency facilities; tours of areas of interest to the local community; tours of local private industries or community business districts; breakfast and luncheon meetings, coffee hours, or receptions; speaking appearances before business clubs, political organizations, or school classes; participation in community events (awards ceremonies, ground breakings, dedications); meetings/appearances with local media; open public meetings, etc. Executive/Community Days at suburban cities were synchronized with monthly Executive/Suburban Mayors meetings and featured topics and activities of interest or concern to the host cities. This series documents Executive Revelle's visits to twenty-two King County communities in 1983, 1984, and 1985. Record information for each community includes background information (fact sheets, publications, staff memoranda, newspaper clippings [photocopied]); meeting agendas, tour itineraries and maps; and correspondence between the Executive Office and community citizens and leaders. Arrangement is alphabetical by name of community, with material arranged in general chronological order under each community. A small number of general files precede the community files.
- Physical Description :
- 3 document cases (1.50 cubic feet) of textual materials and maps.
- Contains :